Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Normal MRI, confused?

05-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
Everly

My Support Groups:
Normal MRI, confused?

Hello.

Today I had an MRI and got the results back, although everything was normal aside from bowel thickening in my sigmoid colon. When I had my colonoscopy last year and my pillcam, I had visible inflammation and ulcers in my cecum and small intestine. The biopsies were consistent with Crohn's disease. I'm currently on entocort- does this mean I'm in remission? I've still been having symptoms, and I think the enema beforehand could have irritated my sigmoid colon, because I didn't have any inflammation there before. Or is it possible I don't have Crohn's? I'm just so confused.
05-13-2014, 06:32 PM   #2
theOcean

My Support Groups:
It may mean that you're in remission, though the fact that you're still getting symptoms right now despite that make me think otherwise. I think a colonoscopy would be best for determining that. What symptoms are you experiencing?
Unrelated Medication: 36mg Concerta, 75mg Pregabalin
Currently: In remission!
05-13-2014, 06:39 PM   #3
Everly

My Support Groups:
Well I'm thinking most of my symptoms are from Gastroparesis, although I've been having some pretty bad pains in my abdomen lately. I know entocort only reaches the first part of your large intestine and a certain area of your small intestine. But when this all started, I had pains in my left side, exactly where my sigmoid colon was. Perhaps I've had really minimal inflammation in that area since the beginning? It's just odd. I most likely could be in remission. Unless it's possible to have positive biopsies and not have Crohn's? This disease is so weird to me...it's making me question my diagnosis.
05-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #4
theOcean

My Support Groups:
It's difficult to navigate because it manifests so differently for everyone as well... some people have Crohn's but don't have any visible symptoms at all.

I think if you're questioning things it might be a good idea for a colonoscopy. But if you are in remission: I recently got a colonoscopy and my GI said it didn't look like I had IBD at all because I've healed so well. I still do, of course. It's just not visible right now.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Normal MRI, confused?