Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Visit to the GI today

05-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Visit to the GI today

I saw my GI today. They want to wait until after I have been on Stelara for three months and see if my stomach settles down any. Besides they want to wait until things settle down more from the surgery on my scalp. Sometimes, I feel like anything that goes in my stomach upsets it right now. By the way, I will have to have a colonoscopy at the end of the three months because I am due. Just an interesting side matter, I have shrunk three and a half inches in the last twenty eight months. The PA says it could be related to the Crohn's or the medicine I take.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
05-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
Ali29

My Support Groups:
I hope the Stelara does the trick and works much faster in settling your stomach. I get my colonoscopy/Upper GI today - GI took lots of biopsies so I am praying all the layering of this disease can be found!!

Good luck!!
Diagnosises - Mast Cell Activation Disorder, IBD Small Intestine-duodenum-villi blunted, Bile Acid/Fat Malabsorption, Chronic nausea-vomiting/pain, esophageal dismotility, mucosal edema, acid hypersecretion, Lymphocytic Colitis, Ocular Migraines, gallbladder removed

Current Meds: H1 H2 Anti Histamines, PPI, Enteragam, Lomotil, Phenergan, Percoset

Meds that did not work: Pentasa, Lialda, Zenpep, Entocort EC, Carafate, Elavil, Lotronex, Desipramine, Questran/Welchol severe bloating/pain.
05-15-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Thanks for the update Ron!!! Glad that you've shrunk that much & hopefully things continue to go well for you.

Ali, hopefully you'll get the answers you're hoping for from this colonoscopy. I have been there and know what it's like to be wanting to be finally treated and taken care of.

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday or Mesalamine DR 1.2gm 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday, Tylenol 3 with codeine 300-30mg (when needed)

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
05-16-2014, 05:56 AM   #4
LodgeLady

Best of luck with the new drug!

Entocort , Prednisone, Pentasa, ,Protonix, Xifaxan

Lots of learning.

Lots of praying.....

05-16-2014, 11:28 AM   #5
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks . I thought they were sending out a nurse to give the injections to me but I have to go to the doctor on Monday to learn how to give tbe injection to myself.
05-17-2014, 06:31 AM   #6
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
My wife is going with me to the doctor on Monday. We are going to see if there is a nurse that can help.,

05-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #7
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Good luck at the doctor Ron. Hopefully you'll be able to find some help on Monday.
05-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #8
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks so much .
05-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #9
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Visit to the GI today