Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Just me saying hello

05-16-2014, 04:38 AM   #1
Carrie171087

My Support Groups:
Just me saying hello

Hi my name is carrie and I live in the UK. I have suffered symptoms of IBD since 2007 which is when I suffered my first perianal abcsess. This healed and I was pretty much free from problems ( I say that being only 18 the time I'd never heard of IBD, was told it was IBS and got on with my life).
I had my son Bobby April 2011
between October 2011 and May 2012 I suffered with reoccurring swelling in the same area I had numerous types of antibiotics which worked for a period of time although thinking back now I was kidding my self and just hoping it wud go away.
In may 2012 the abcsess was so bad I took my self to a&e and had it drained.
I was sent for a colonoscopy and that confirmed I had Crohn's in June 2012. I was sent for various MRI scans.
The abcsess' then turned into 2 fistulas, my skin was do thin I developed a 3rd. I was put on asacol and pretty much sent on my merry way and told fistulas can be tricky especially with Crohn's and I had to put up with it.
So january 2014 came and one of the fistulas turned into an abcsess which would not subside with the usual antibiotics so I took my self to a&e they sent me to theartre and placed 3 setons in. Since then been give azathioprine and the fistulas are still leaking constantly.

I think that's everything for now. Xx
05-16-2014, 04:45 AM   #2
valleysangel92

My Support Groups:
Hello Carrie

I'm sorry you've had such a rough time of it, I hope that the medication works and gets you feeling better quickly. Have you had any antibiotics to try and clear any infection?

Do you have a plan in place for if the aza isnt effective enough?

Nicola
coeliac disease/Osteopenia /Crohns/Arthritis/
laperoscopic hemicolectomy 25/06/ 2013

Meds- Vedolizumab, sulfasalazine, Lansoprazole, Vitamin D, prochlorperazine, Oramorph, MST, B12 shots My journey with crohns: http://glutenfreecookiemonster.wordpress.com/

Allergic to - inflectra, aza

Non CD meds - Gabapentin, paracetamol, ventolin
05-16-2014, 08:59 AM   #3
Carrie171087

My Support Groups:
Hello I'm ok thanks I'm very used to this all now. Just today received dome antibiotics for an infection. I've been told if azathioprine doesn't have an affect by 3 months at 150mg then biological therapy next. I see no improvement in slightest to be honest but I stay hopeful something will come along and work. Eventually :-) xx

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Just me saying hello