• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Looking like crohns :(

Been suffering for about 9 months with cramps, diarrhea, mucous in stools, ulcers in my mouth and sometimes passing blood. Went for a colonoscopy 2 days ago and doc found inflammation in my bowel :( she took biopsies and I get final results on June 3rd. It's looking like crohns disease. Will be nice to finally have answers tho!

nogutsnoglory

I'm sorry you are suffering and got the news you kinda expected, something being wrong. I hope that the answer will be the beginning of proper treatment and a solution to your suffering.

Hi Caithanc. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Definitely a time of mixed emotions, yeah? I was the same. I'd been ill for 8 months when I got diagnosed, and I had a good cry when I found out, but was also relieved to get some answers and get on the way to being well.
Are you being referred to a gastro doc? When will you get to see them?

Yes it is definitely mixed emotions! I am already seeing a gastro doc, that is who did my colonoscopy. I see her again on June 3rd to get final biopsy results!

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hi there, how are you holding up?

I know the waiting can be really stressful, its hard not knowing whats going on with your body.

We all know those mixed emotions all too well, its scary being diagnosed with such a complex and long term condition but it can be a big relief to finally know whats happening and what you can do to get better.

Keep us posted on how you're doing and let us know if there's anything we can do to help you.