• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Really weird

Hi everyone
I diagnosed with crohn's last at 2013
N I just came from the hospital to see my colonocopy result n I went 2 new doc by the way n gave him the copy of other docreports
He said to me there's no sign of crohn's n I told him I took medrol for months n my doc over dosed me on it n it might mask the crohn's but I already have everything the pain the fever the flare ups so I wonder wt went wrong
Is something wrong with the new doc or me
Wt I have is still there the pain n the cramps n nt able 2 hold my food down
Anyone related 2 me

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello

It might be that you are flaring but the disease is located further up than the colonoscopy can see, which would result in the results coming back as clear.

Because the colonoscope can only reach to a certain point it's possible that crohns can be lurking in the small intestines, stomach and esophagus without being picked up.

I would advise getting some blood work done and asking for some imaging (such as an MRI) . You could also ask for an endoscopy, where the scope goes in through the mouth. But again, the scope won't reach everything, and there'll still be an area that hasn't been seen. To try and avoid this, you could see if your doctor is willing to try a capsule endoscopy (pill cam). This is where you swallow a pill-shaped device with a tiny camera and light source which takes images of your digestive tract. The images are picked up by a receiver worn on a belt around your waste and then sent back to the computer. You can only do this if you haven't got strictures though as otherwise it can get stuck and cause a blockage. If you and your doctor aren't sure then you can ask to try a dummy pill first, the dummy is not harmful and if it does get stuck it will just break down.

It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your doctor or with your judgement. It just means that more investigation is needed to figure out where the problem is . Don't doubt yourself, you know your body best.

I will am really trying to get it cuz I really wish I can trust or believe wt he sayin but in reality that's nt possible
Thank u for reply I really unprecedete it

My doc didn't give me anything cuz he said they're no sign of crohn's n I can't give me medication for something that doesn't exist which I know it does n I still have the pain in everything
He gave me dicetel 100mg so does that help?

valleysangel92

Staff member
I understand the doctor not wanting to give you medications without knowing what's going on first. The Treatment needed varies a lot even in crohns depending on the severity and location.

I would still push for more testing, if your doctor won't do it you can ask to see someone else.

I hadn't heard of that medication so I had to look it up. It is an anti-spasmodic medication which helps to relax the bowel and stop painful spams. They may help with symptoms especially if you have stomach cramps, but if there is inflammation they won't treat that.

Ask your doc, if he can speak to your previous doc. to find out why he thinks you have Crohns.

Or request copies from all your tests from the first doc. (if you don'talready have) and show it to him.

When i switched doctors, he wanted to see every paper i can get my hands on (tests/doctors report/Hospital stay report), from before.​