Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Help- strictures seem to have disappeared.

05-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #1
Daisy123
Help- strictures seem to have disappeared.

I had a CT scan about a month ago which showed 3 strictures in my ileum. I have just had a flexible sigmoidoscopy to dilate which showed no signs of strictures. Can they disappear? I am still having obstructive symptons.
05-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #2
2thFairy

My Support Groups:
A flex sig procedure is to look into the rectum and sigmoid colon, but not go as far as the ileum. Did they not look far enough and therefore did not see the strictures?

Total colectomy with ileostomy featuring Sideshow Bob since January 2012

"The colon seems an unlikely candidate for dramatic effect, but now and then it serves that purpose well." The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation
05-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #3
SarahD

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. An MRI showed a small stricture in my TI, but when my gastroenterologist did a colonoscopy to dilate it it had disappeared. My dr was baffled.

Current meds:
Azathioprine, Allopurinol, Calcichew D3-Forte, Fortijuice, Alendronic acid, Ranitidine

Previous meds:
Augmentin, Doxycycline, Lansoprazole, Asacol, Pentasa, Prednisolone, Entocort, Cipro, Flagyl, Elemental Extra 028
05-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
Daisy123
I think the next stage is an MRI or colonoscopy. I think the later,
05-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #5
2thFairy

My Support Groups:
How did they get to the ileum without already doing a colonoscopy?
05-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #6
Daisy123
If I am honest, I don't really know where the strictures are. My GI struggled with reading the CT scan. There were clearly three strictures, but I don't really understand what bowel I have left. All I know is that I have episodes of severe pain which are not Crohn's. There were some small ulcers around the join but nothing major. Just very tired of it all. So disappointed, thought he would dilate strictures and I would be able to eat and not be in pain for a while.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Help- strictures seem to have disappeared.