• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Collagenous Colitis

I was diagnosed about 4 weeks ago with CC after spending 3 weeks of horrible bouts of explosive watery D 10+ times a day. Currently taking Entocort EC 3 pills a day but saw my GI doc yesterday for first follow up since diagnosis. Entocort has helped a lot. BMs not completely normal, but much better formed and going only once a day. DR. gave me scrip for Apriso with instruction to reduce Entocort to 2/day and take 4 Apriso same time in the morning. Will stay at 2 Entocort for 3-4 weeks then reduce to one. Idea is to see whether Apriso can maintain my remission with minimal dosage of Entocort like 1/day or even 1 every other day. Also took bloods yesterday to check for Celiac and Hashimotos, both of which often go with CC. I have been on gluten free and dairy free diet since diagnosis. Looking forward to learning from others here on the forum. I should say I am a 60 year old female.

Welcome ART, sorry you have had to search out our forum. Hope the Apriso works wonders for you. My son took it along with azathioprine and had no issues with it.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi ART and :welcome:

So sorry to hear of all you going through. :( But good to hear the meds are working. :)

At our end we are dealing with Crohn’s but there is a Lymphocytic Colitis and Microscopic Colitis Club on the forum. It hasn’t been active for a while but a couple of the members that have posted there are still active on the forum. Here is the link:

Lymphocytic Colitis and Microscopic Colitis Club

You might also like to have look through the Diet forum, loads of info there on gluten and dairy free:

Diet Forum

Also make use of the Search function on the top blue tool bar. :)

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Dusty. xxx