• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Unexplainable

Yesterday morning was really bad for me. I balled my eyes out for ten minutes because my side didnt feel right. It didnt hurt per se , it kind of felt like my intestines were contracting. I could tell somethjng wasnt right but there was no pain, i felt very weak and exhausted after my crying fit was over and everytime i ate i felt like i was going to get sick.any ideas of what is going on?

afidz

Super Moderator
The "contracting" feeling is a normal Crohn's symptom. Not downplaying it at all though, it can be very painful!
I would get in contact with your GI, they can prescribe something like Bentyl (it has different names depending where you are) but its an anti-spasmodic med. It doesn't help everyone but I don't think it is too pricey. It did wonders for me though. They might also be able to prescribe something for your nausea as well. If you can make an appointment I would ask for your blood levels be check just to make sure there is nothing serious going on.

valleysangel92

Staff member
I'm sorry you're having a tough time.

Unfortunately the feeling you're describing is something a lot of us crohnies can be all too familiar with.

Make sure you tell your GI about it, since sometimes it can be a sign of a narrowing in the intestines.

As adfiz says, you can ask for an anti-spasmodic medication which helps to calm the gut down and lessen painful spasms. I found this type of medication really helpful for me.