Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Fell into the trap of eating veg!?

05-29-2014, 10:04 PM   #1
LE30

Fell into the trap of eating veg!?

I'm in agony. Been 3 times to the toilet wirh diarrheah.

I've had diarrheah few and far between now for a number of weeks. I started to think all was ok (except for the almost constant ache in right side of stomach!! Lol).

Anyway hubby made fajitas last night with loads of cooked bell peppers through it. I also had lashings of creme fraiche so I've not idea whether it's the veg or the creamy yoghurt or both thats caused it!

Pointless message really just feeling sorry for myself. I can eat most food fine. I even eat Chinese curries etc regularly and I have no problems so I'm fine with spicy foods but the minute I try to eat healthy with fruits and veg I'm back to spending life in the toilet!

I have my first GI app on Tuesday.
05-30-2014, 03:12 AM   #2
StarGirrrrl

My Support Groups:
Oh no, how terrible for you.

Have you tried experimenting with very small amounts of fruit and veg, to see if you can build up a tolerance?

Just a suggestion, as I know from personal experience sometimes even one bite of something can set things off!
2014 IDA & low B12.

June 2014 admitted to Hospital 3 nights as emergency transfused 2 units of blood. Dangerous case of anaemia.
Caught by pure chance!
Cause currently unknown but suspected CD.

Waiting on blood & stool results from January.

Hoping to stop anaemia treatment soon & lower B12 daily dose!
06-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #3
LE30

Hi

No not tried yet. I do know that peppers set me off but I love them. I've always had a problem with them for years but now they cause loose stools.

I have my GI app tue so will see what he says.

Thanks x

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Fell into the trap of eating veg!?