Share Facebook

06-02-2014, 06:48 AM   #1
lookame

My Support Groups:
Crohns and third trimester

I am entering in third trimester (I'm 27 weeks and 3 days today) and I've noticed since I had some contraction like pain last week (constant back pain for 3 hours with a few back tightening/stomach tightening) and ever since I've had diarrhea. It's not terrible, just in the morning. It's also not the first time I've experienced preterm labor contractions with this baby, those started around 24 weeks and usually are brought on by me walking around/exerting myself to much.

I was just curious if crohns typically gets worse in the third tri or if this is the usual precursor to labor like i expirience with DS.

Bloodwork is indeterminate IBD, biopsies are crohns positive, symptoms and visually it's UC

Current meds-
Prednisone, humira, 6mp, and lialda
awaiting surgical consult

Mom of Little Z
eosinophilic esophagitis 5/2015
06-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #2
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
I'm afraid that I had to look it up since I've never been pregnant. But, this website I found says that it's common to have symptoms in your third tri. Here's the website if you'd like to take a look. I hope this helps. Take care.

http://ehealthmd.com/content/crohns-...#axzz33WPygnk9

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
06-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #3
lookame

My Support Groups:
Well that sucks. At least the symptoms aren't bad but I have a feeling they'll get much worse once I give birth. :/ i guess I'll let my GI know tomorrow I'm experiencing some symptoms. Bleh
06-03-2014, 02:18 AM   #4
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Sorry. Wish I could have found better news. Sounds like a good idea to contact your GI. Please keep us updated on how you're doing.
06-03-2014, 05:07 AM   #5
gemling

My Support Groups:
Hi Lookame, I've only been recently diagnosed. I had my son before I started getting any symptoms. Sorry to hear you are starting to get some of your symptoms back again. Definitely get in touch with your GI and see what they suggest in order to keep your symptoms in check. I know my IBD pharmacist has said it's better to treat the mother and keep things in check than let it go untreated.

Hope you feel better soon!
Mid-Sept 2014 Another blockage
Oct 2014 Started Infliximab

Current Medications:
Infliximab Infusions (Remicade), Loading doses
Azathioprine (100mg)
Pentasa (4g)
Supplements:
Adcal-D3 (1g)
Ferrous Fumarate (420mg)
Multivitamin
06-04-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
lookame

My Support Groups:
Well GI wasn't to happy with how things are going. I think he's really frustraited with me. When he became my GI i was at a point of either getting surgery or trying the hard drugs. We've been able to get to a manageable point in my treatement with drugs (before pregnancy it was Remicade, 6mp and lialda after pregnancy i came off 6mp and i became highly allergic to Remicade). Anyway now I'm managed on humira and lialda. Back to the point...he'd like me to get back on 6mp asap but for now he's ok with just staying within the drugs I'm on.

Honestly I feel like it may be hormonal. I've been a mess emotionally, acne wise ect.I'm just excited that in 3 months I'll hopefully start to get back to normal
06-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #7
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Not long after I got married I was researching pregnancy with IBD. I had always dreamed of having children & really was hoping for a couple of our own. I found somewhere that with women that get pregnant 1/3 get better 1/3 get worse and 1/3 stay the same with their IBD during their pregnancy.

We found out with my last flare that I would have been the 1/3 that got worse. As hard as it is, I am thankful now that we chose to get my husband fixed a few years ago. I hope those 3 months goes fairly fast for you lookame. Sending lots of hugs your way.