• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diagnosed SSD by DDS doctor.

I have had Crohns since age of 9, diagnosed at age 16 in 1988. One of the first military dependants to have a colonoscopy when it was only black & white images.

So I have over 30 years of documented pathological results, surgeries, bloodwork, etc with multiple autoimmune diseases. Been on so many meds, AND inhibitors to experimental drugs with just a number.

Anyways finally bit the bullet in Nov. and filed for SSD because have not been able to work since last August. Before surgery DDS sent a shrink for adult cognitive testing. Guess what found out he diagnosed with somatic symptom disorder. I am mentally ill! No they just wanted to deny me.

Oh are heads going to roll. Lawyer acquired! Battle armour on. Sticking it to them now. :ybatty: