• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Very Nervous

After years of dealing with CD, my GI has decided it is time to try HUMIRA. I am very nervous about the side effects. They seem quite scary and are making me crazy. My first dose will be this Friday, now i am nervous about the pain at the injection site that everyone here talks about. I also work in a hospital, not providing patient care but still...anyone here work in healthcare?

I am in the same situation you are in. My HUMIRA is in the fridge, waiting on the nurse for my first dose. My biggest fear is having a reaction, and my GI is almost 2 hours away. No advice, but offering support. Do let us know how you are doing afterwards.

I've been on Humira for 4 months now. I can tell you that the injections themselves are not that bad. I am terrified of needles and have been giving myself the injections after my first loading dose.

Listen to your doctors and stay on top of your blood work. My liver panels are elevated right now and I'm staying away from alcohol for a month.

All in all, it has not been terrible. You will find it normal after the first few times. Good luck to both of you.