• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story!

My name is Kimberley!!!
I was Diagnosed when I was 19 but I had crohn's for almost 10 years before I was diagnosed. So much pain for a child to endure :( My first surgery I was 19 and my intestant almost ruptured they removed almost a foot of the small interstant emergency surgery. It was a very scary thing to go threw at a young age and a 1 year old child at home. They put me on asacol and prednisone after that surgery that was in 1999. Went a few years dealing with the worst pain in my life and had 2 more children during that time.
I had my last child february 2004 and a month later my husband had to call an ambulance because I had gone into shock. In the hospital they informed me that I had perintonitis and needed to preform emergency surgery again. So now I am on my second surgery with 3 children at home.
Woke up from this surgery with an illestomy bag and I was so upset :( I thought I was going to have that for the rest of my life. While in the hospital this time I had a huge tragedy in my family my favorite uncle and his step son were killed in an accident up in Maine on the Canadian border. I was devestated we didn't know exactly what was happening with me and my parents had to leave me to go to Maine. It was horrible for all of us :( I was released from the hospital the day of the funeral and I could not make it which broke my heart :( The doctors said they would try and do a reversal for the illestomy bag in a few months.
It was the most difficult thing having the bag with a 6 year old, 3 year old and newborn but I managed. A few months later the doctors were succesfull with the reversal (Thank God.) This was in 2004 and they gave me no medication and I was in remission for 9 years. In 2013 the crohn's started acting up again I was hospitilized 3 times in a matter of 7 months due to major inflammations. Finally it is now 2014 and I am taking the humira shot 40mg every other week and prednisone if I need it so far so good. Doing everything I can to work with my GI doctor to avoid more surgery. I had 3 major surgeries before I was 24 years old. I had a wonderful supportive family who has helped me threw everything and I am very thankful for having them in my life. I will do anything I can to be as healthy as I can to watch my children grow up :)
Thank you for letting me share my story!!!

thank you for sharing your story. You have been through so much. Welcome to the forum and hope you find lots of support and info that will be helpful.

Keep us updated on how the Humira works for you.
Julie.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome. You've been through so much.
Sending you and your family my support and best wishes.

Oh my word, you have been through so much. Life can really deal out a bad hand but the positive thing is you will always come out of it some way and feel happy again. It can just be such a long hard journey to get through it and to that point :) take care