Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Pregnancy, Trying to Conceive & Breast Feeding with IBD » NEED HELP: First time pregnant with Crohn's, looking for great OBGYN

06-17-2014, 06:54 PM   #1
Jan33

NEED HELP: First time pregnant with Crohn's, looking for great OBGYN

Hello!
I am in search of a great OBGYN in the Chicagoland area that has some experience dealing with high risk pregnancies and preferably Crohn's disease. I have Crohn's and just want to find a doctor that is knowledgeable about what is best for me and my baby throughout the pregnancy. I live in Elk Grove Village so I am looking for a doctor that is in the suburbs relatively near me (Schaumburg, Elmhurst, Arlington Heights etc.)! Thanks in advance for your help!
Jan
06-27-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Sorry I don't know of a good OBGYN anywhere and don't live in that area but I do know that it's extremely important to have a really good GI during that time so your Crohn's can be properly treated/managed during pregnancy so both you and your baby can stay healthy. Do you have a good GI?

Welcome to the forum Jan33, sorry for the late reply and multiple thread moves.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Pregnancy, Trying to Conceive & Breast Feeding with IBD » NEED HELP: First time pregnant with Crohn's, looking for great OBGYN