• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story. Recommendations?

Hey everyone. I went misdiagnosed for four years with Crohn's at my local hospitals. This has placed me in significant debt even after indigent care. In late November 2012, I was admitted into St. Vincent's Hospital after a CT Abdomen and Pelvis with contrast was taken of me. This result put my snooty ER doctor in shock, as if a person barely conscious in the waiting room looking like skeletor with glasses wasn't convincing that there may be a real issue. After two days, a colonoscopy was performed indicating Crohn's Disease. I was given Sulfasalazine, triggers nausea, excess thirst, and vomiting as core symptoms, vs. Asacol, due to the cost of individuals without insurance. Here I am, two years later, unable to achieve remission unless pregnant. Odd huh? To those whom will inquire about diet, I have, indeed, attempted adjusting my diet but nothing particularly causes the flare ups to occur. I eat small portions throughout the day, drink more water than a fish, and breastfeed. On the contrary, I am battling with my new GI doctor to start me on treatment for the disease and medication for the excruciating pain. A CT of abdomen and pelvis with contrast was taken indicating, "abnormalities of the colon." My reaction, ":facepalm:." Yet, no treatment has been given to solve this issue.

Anyway, how is your luck? Any medication recommendations for a breastfeeding mother? Anyone try stem cell research on here? What is your story?

Hi, so sorry to hear you are not getting the help you need. I just saw in your note that you were at St Vincent Hospital. Is that in Billings Montana? there is a doctor, dr.William Chamberlin who believes in the anti M.A.P. therapy for Crohns Disease.

A second opinion with your disease would be good too. If this new GI is not helping, get another one. Hopefully you will get help soon. Get copies of all of your tests so you can have them on your computer and a file to refer to as needed.
Hopefully someone will come on here soon to help you meds suggested for breast feeding mothers.