Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Humira Club Support Group

07-29-2017, 08:09 AM   #3301
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
If it's the pen(auto injector )
They make a loud click when you hit the button
We use the syringes which are much easier to control the rate of the medicine going in
It does burn (not in the U.K. Though they have the newer formula )
Waiting patiently for that in the US

Tiredness is a given
It's a sign the med is working
Some get a rash as the injection site
Ds has had that more than once
But no issues
You can ice before and after
You may also see a small bruise - depends on where you inject
Again not an issue
Good luck
08-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #3302
aweitzm1

My Support Groups:
I am getting my Humira today and my nurse comes tomorrow to do the first injections with me. I am nervous about it but hope it works.

I talked to my dr. today and I have inflammation and colitis but not strictures. She put me at moderate right now based on my colonoscopy and endoscopy.

I feel lucky as my symptoms have been mild to moderate for the past few weeks. Only one major flareup. It took so long for me to be diagnosed as I had not the usual symptoms and everyone put it that I was just an anxiety ridden person and that was causing my acid reflux and bloating.

Additionally, I am lucky as right now I do not have an issue with foods. I seem to be able to eat anything when I am not nauseous and can actually eat. The nausea comes and goes as does the bloating and it does not matter what I eat it is still there.

I have come to realize that I need to take each day and live it to the fullest as my symptoms may get worse but hopefully better.
Ambilify 6/2017
Klonopin 2 mg as needed 2/2015
Liquid Tumeric
Calcium 7/2017
B12 7/2017
08-07-2017, 11:32 AM   #3303
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I hope it gives you remission ,aweitzm

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
08-07-2017, 06:58 PM   #3304
Furrydogmom

I am getting my Humira today and my nurse comes tomorrow to do the first injections with me. I am nervous about it but hope it works.

I talked to my dr. today and I have inflammation and colitis but not strictures. She put me at moderate right now based on my colonoscopy and endoscopy.

I feel lucky as my symptoms have been mild to moderate for the past few weeks. Only one major flareup. It took so long for me to be diagnosed as I had not the usual symptoms and everyone put it that I was just an anxiety ridden person and that was causing my acid reflux and bloating.

Additionally, I am lucky as right now I do not have an issue with foods. I seem to be able to eat anything when I am not nauseous and can actually eat. The nausea comes and goes as does the bloating and it does not matter what I eat it is still there.

I have come to realize that I need to take each day and live it to the fullest as my symptoms may get worse but hopefully better.

So, how are you doing? Tired? Relieved? How do you feel about doing the injections by yourself now?

My blood work finally came back (huge Quest screwup) so I'm hoping to start next week. Fingers crossed!
08-07-2017, 07:29 PM   #3305
aweitzm1

My Support Groups:
So, how are you doing? Tired? Relieved? How do you feel about doing the injections by yourself now?

My blood work finally came back (huge Quest screwup) so I'm hoping to start next week. Fingers crossed!
I actually start tomorrow with the Four injections I will definitely let you know. Hoping all goes well.
08-17-2017, 12:26 PM   #3306
Furrydogmom

Started last Friday and I already feel some improvement. Is that possible or do you think it's psychological? I'm ok with either...
08-17-2017, 12:45 PM   #3307
aweitzm1

My Support Groups:
Glad you are feeling better.
08-21-2017, 06:24 AM   #3308
Luvmg6483

My Support Groups:
Anyone had indigestion /acid reflux as a side effect? I started humira beginning of June and a month later started having really bad indigestion and acid reflux, which I never really had an issue before. Anyone?

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Humira Club Support Group