• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Being so sick and going to the Hospital

My name is Diane :) I was diagnosed the end of July when I came back from the Dominican Republic from vacation. I have been in the hospital 4 times last year and already 2 times this year I was off work from the end of July until December 12th and now I am off again until July 17th. I have been taking Remicade treatments since November. Just last Friday I took a treatment . Now it is every 6 weeks. I also started Imuran with it a week ago. I have to go for an Iron infusion on Tuesday. I don't start with diarrhea, I usually have flu like symptons that I can not get over on my own. I don't if everyone else has alot of other symptoms??? I am physically tired, mild headache, nausea, throw up sometimes, and of course my bones in my legs are really weak. (But I am sure that is from all the steroids) and I also have bone chills that just come on and also my head/hair and neck sweat so bad. It feels like I just washed my hair.
I guess that is it for now.
Thank-you for listening.
Diane :)

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi Diane. Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you've been so sick. I hope that remission comes soon.

Sending you my support.