• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling a bit lost

Hey there,

I recently posted about my horrible symptoms last week and after getting much worse this week I decided it was time to go to the hospital for some answers. When i got there i saw many doctors who took urine samples and more bloods. I told them how i was woken up by horrible cramps in my stomach and had to rush to the toilet, after going about 5 times that morning the pain didn't go away :( sometimes when i went it would just be some horrible mucus stuff :s I also had a fever and was sweating. For the past three weeks I've also been struggling with severe joint pain and tiredness :( I'm honestly giving up. After three hours of being in the hospital they sent me away and told me to take paracetamol. I would just like some answers :(

Im in constant pain from joints and belly aswell, but i have no inflammation, so i guess this is just how it goes. Im far from happy about it, but dont expect anything when I have been like this for 6+ yrs now, guess thats just life with crohns :(

Kirsty it sounds like you have a lot of the symptoms of Crohn's, but I read your past posts and they feel it is IBS. Fever, joint pain, fatigue are all other symptoms of Crohn's as well as pain, cramps, nausea and diarrhea. If your insurance allows try to see a gastroenterologist. They specialize in digestive tract and intestinal issues. It sounds like you need further testing CT Scan/ Colonoscopy/ MRI, something that looks inside. I know it is hard when you don't feel well, you just want to collapse. Find a trusted friend to help be an advocate for you. All the best to you!

Krika, I am with you. I would say I am in remission, but my belly swells all the time. Fortunately the joint pain went away after being first put on my meds.