• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

MoviPrep - split dose how 'late' are you in bathroom?

Hi everyone - I am scheduled for my 3rd colonoscopy next week (dx with Crohn's over 20 years ago). I have to take MoviPrep and am required to do a split dose (start half the night before, then the other half the morning of the exam).

Here's my concern: I have a 1 hour drive to the appointment and don't want to be needing to use the bathroom in the car! I'll arrive at 10:30AM at my appointment, leaving my house a bit after 9AM with my husband.

From experience, what time should I set my alarm to start my second half of the prep?

Thanks for any advice.

Darn. Well I am hesitant to give you advice because my son's last prep was inpatient and he was really sick so it wasn't typical. Hopefully someone with more experience will come along and make a suggestion.

You could also talk to your GI or nurse about it.

I am doing the same thing right now . I started the second dose at 5:00 am. I am leaving the house at around 8:30 . I drank over half last night and had to get up several times through the night . I did about a 70/30 split . It is coming out clear now so the second half I feel is unnecessary but I am complyant. I am also taking a change of clothes and a towel just in case. Hopefully this helps you .