Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Anyone had flap surgery that can help?

07-16-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
justbreathe8

My Support Groups:
Anyone had flap surgery that can help?

Okay, so I had 3 setons removed and advancement flap surgery on july 1st. I feel like the first week and a half I felt pretty good. But I was also just laying around in bed and on the couch all day and night. So this week I started moving around more, and I have had some more "pain". Its not really pain so much as a pressure like feeling that seems like its in the location of where the surgery was. Its also draining some yellow stuff throughout the day. After I have a BM in the morning, I feel a little more pressure. I have an appointment next friday, but I called this morning to see if I can get in sooner, and of course my surgeon is out of town until next friday. So there goes all hopes of comfort. I was hoping maybe someone on here could tell me if this was normal or not? or if they have had a similar experience. Thanks guys!
08-02-2014, 06:10 AM   #2
MrsW

Hi there
I had flap surgery on July 21st, however after 3 days I realised it was unsuccessful as my fistula started leaking worse than ever. But even after almost 2 weeks I still feel pressure inside & around the fistula. I believe some drainage would be normal but it is very obvious in my case that the flap hasn't held in place. My bowels have been stirred up I believe from the poking & prodding & it has been quite a bad dragging pain at times, especially seeing as tho I'm going to the toilet 8-9 times a day. I am seeing my surgeon again on Monday to discuss what the next move is, as all meds have failed to close my fistula.
Good luck with yours and I really hope your surgery has been sucfessful
08-02-2014, 08:39 AM   #3
justbreathe8

My Support Groups:
Thanks for your response! Im sorry that you are having so much trouble. I hope that on Monday you will find something that will work for you! Im sure you are so frustrated by now. I saw the surgeon a week ago and he said everything looks good so far. My next appointment is on friday and that will be about 6 weeks out. Im hoping for good news. Good luck at the doctor on Monday! <3
06-13-2015, 12:04 AM   #4
wmfwall

I know this is old post but I've recently had an advancement flap. I was wondering if you were prescribed antibiotics after the surgery? Also were you allowed to take a sitz bath?
06-13-2015, 07:01 AM   #5
justbreathe8

My Support Groups:
Hi wmfwall. I was reading through my posts to try to remember. I have my success story on here under surgeries, success stories, and then it's the one that say advancement flap surgery Tuesday finally, or something like that. I did find that he told me not to take a site bath at first and then about 3.5 weeks out (according to what I wrote) he said it was okay. As for antibiotics, something is telling me he didn't prescribe them to me. I was in the hospital for some days after the surgery and I know they were giving me meds in the hospital. I'm resistant to either cypro or flagyl. I know one of the surgeries I wasn't prescribed anything and I was surprised and something is making me think it was the flap surgery. When did you get yours?
06-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #6
wmfwall

Thank you for responding! I've just gotten my flap surgery 2 days ago. My CRS told me not to take any sitz bath and didn't prescribe me any antibiotics which kinda surprised me.
06-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #7
justbreathe8

My Support Groups:
Even though the threads might be old, it still shows up in my email that someone posted. So that's good! Yah in 100% sure he told me not to take site baths. I'm not too sure about the antibiotics but if he didn't prescribe them to you then maybe he didn't to me. I just remember my husband and I thinking it was so weird there were no antibiotics during one of the surgeries. Do you have crohns? How many setons did they take out?
06-13-2015, 02:12 PM   #8
wmfwall

I believe I don't have crohn's. They took out one seton and did the surgery there. I still have another seton due to another fistula.
06-13-2015, 02:26 PM   #9
justbreathe8

My Support Groups:
Ooh gotcha! Just stay off your feet and take it easy for best chances of the flap working!
06-13-2015, 05:20 PM   #10
wmfwall

Thank you

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Anyone had flap surgery that can help?