• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New To The Forum

Hi,
I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease in 1993, shortly afterwards I had a resection. 5 years of remission followed, then it returned in 1998, and since then I have followed the remission/relapse pattern.

I am now 46, and have Fybramyalgia, arthritis and earlier this year was diagnosed with Enteropathic Enthesopathy (inflammation where the ligaments meet the bone). Throw into the mix chronic migraine.

Each day something is flaring up :lol: but keep fighting.

Have a wonderful partner, 2 children, 3 step children and 3 grandchildren.
Not forgetting 2 dogs.

nogutsnoglory

Welcome. I also have crohns and fibromyalgia. I think our bodies simply don't like us huh? Do you take any meds? How are you coping?

Hi,
I take Azathioprine, Pregabalin, Sulphasalazine, Topirimate, Folic Acid, Quinnine Sulphate. In the past I have taken Prednisolone, but weaned off it at the beginning of the year. Some days nothing seems to be helping. Feel so tired all the time.

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello there, welcome to the forum

I also have Crohn's and Fribromyalgia.

How is your crohns at the moment? Do you feel like your current treatment plan is keeping your condition controlled well enough?

Hi,
Some days I do feel like the treatment plan is working, those are the rare days that I dont have much pain and I am not rushing to the loo, then other days I dont feel like anything is under control at all. If one symptom seems settled another will flare. I cant remember the last day I felt well.

I too have fibromyalgia and Crohns and some "type/types "of arthritis ..restless leg syndrome ...ocular migraines...extreme fatigue.. I also have in the past had huge sores on my legs...my dr.s or dermatologists couldn't even agree on what they were. Suffered a few bouts of uveitis. I can't remember either when I last felt good . People just don't get it when every day it's something else hurting as well as the bathroom issues. Guess we have to take it one day at a time . I certainly understand all everyone is going through . Good health is absolutely priceless.