Share Facebook

09-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #31
forum contributor
Captain Obvious

LOL thanks, Doll.
Sorry about your sciatica Does it constantly hurt? I can't imagine living in Canada would help. I live in MA, and we only have like 2-3 seasons here and I'm anemic, so it's always winter to me.
I can't sit with my feet on the floor... they don't reach!!!
09-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #32
Crohn's_Doll

Santos, it really acts up around that time of the month (sorry guys) might be because of swelling in the ileum as well since whats when I get my flares.. Ugh every month for a year and a half now. At least that's what the dr. is telling me.

We have 2 seasons here: Construction and winter :P

I have the same problem, I want to sit on the reclining chair but my feet don't touch the ground. I have to grab a kitchen chair and sit on the edge.
09-08-2009, 12:48 AM   #33
GoJohnnyGo
One Badass Dude

The pain is just killing me. It's really bringing me down. I see the doctor this week.
11-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #34
mnsun

I've had sacroilleac pain off and on every 1-3 months for the past 2 years. I sometimes feel it when I wake, and oftentimes it dissipates once I get up and walk around, within an hour. Othertimes it will persist 1-2 days but not usually painful enough to warrant medication. There were 2 episodes lasting a couple days which I did take 1000mg Extra Strength Tylenol twice throughout a day.

BTW, I have experienced moderate sacro pain whilst on a fairly consistent stretch while taking 500mg Curcumin and 500 Boswellia--I haven't yet pinpointed an affective herbal maintainence regimen. Perhaps more heroic dosages, though some sources/brands aren't reliable or guarenteed to be free of metals etc. I may try to find a proper brand/dosage for Devil's Claw. This has gotten good press for joint pain issues.

This fall I experienced the worst episode yet--hopefully ever. It had a latter day onset from about 3pm until 10pm when it got rather excruciating. I spent the early evening on the couch, numbed by the flicker rate of the TV, and once I tried to get up, I stepped into a world of pain. Laying down was impossible--even straddling a body pillow--unless I didn't move an inch. Somehow I drifted off after 3am, or so.

What set this apart was how visibly decrepid I looked, doing a half-stride limp, as it affects my left sacro/ALA area usually (sometimes both sides, though). Since I was diagnosed 7 years ago, I haven't noticed joint pain elsewhere. The pain was off the scale, and I had to stop and brace myself between every step on the stairs. The Tylenol didn't work whatsoever.

The following day I immediately hobbled to get pain meds--after not seeing a doctor for six years, it was surprisingly easy. Later I got an HLA test for ankylosing spondiltis which turned up negative. The intense pain lasted 3 days but didn't dissipate until the 5th day. I took the hydro twice a day the first two days. Once a day the next three days. So long as I didn't move much, just sat upright, the pain didn't warrant the hydro. I'm not a big fan of any medications, and I'm not so sure Acetaminophen doesn't aggravate MY Crohn's.
11-27-2011, 06:44 PM   #35
Snap

My Support Groups:
Hello Captain--I'm newly signed up today, so if you are still suffering off and on with the SI joint pain, here's advice. Once upon a time, I got a terrible case of SI inflammation--so bad that I was literally dragging my leg. I could not get comfortable and it was terrible. I got a cortisone injection right into the joint--and within 24 hours I felt like a new woman! Just be careful, when you get joint inflammation, sometimes it means that your Crohn's is trying to rear it's very ugly head. I also sleep with a body pillow between my legs. It helps take the pressure off the hip/back/pelvic regions. Hope it helps--good luck to you.
04-24-2013, 02:45 AM   #36
jonique

My Support Groups:
Hello Captain--I'm newly signed up today, so if you are still suffering off and on with the SI joint pain, here's advice. Once upon a time, I got a terrible case of SI inflammation--so bad that I was literally dragging my leg. I could not get comfortable and it was terrible. I got a cortisone injection right into the joint--and within 24 hours I felt like a new woman! Just be careful, when you get joint inflammation, sometimes it means that your Crohn's is trying to rear it's very ugly head. I also sleep with a body pillow between my legs. It helps take the pressure off the hip/back/pelvic regions. Hope it helps--good luck to you.
Hi Snap,

I know this is an old thread but I was doing a search about SI joint injections with cortisone and this post came up. My rheumy has just recommended it to me. I am having a lot of problems with mine and methotrexate and humira are not helping. I am encouraged by your post that you felt like a new woman after.

how often to you have to have them? Does it hurt a lot? did you have it with radiological guidance? My rheumy emailed me about so I don't have all the details yet so don't know what kind of radiological guidance she is referring too. Quick google search shows it could be CT or ultrasound.

I hope it helps as I'm tired of dealing with this horrible pain on top of all the Crohn's related stuff!

Jonique
05-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #37
sunflower

My Support Groups:
Since my Rheumy put me on weekly shots of Humira, my pain and stiffness has been so much better! However, I broke my leg a few weeks ago and the side where I am doing all the walking is on FIRE when I first put weight on it. LOL!! Yes, I knew it would hurt from all the extra effort on the one side, but sheesh!
05-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #38
mccindy

My Support Groups:
Dan,
I have severe back problems and I have to sleep with a pillow between my legs every night. It took a lot of getting used to because it is NOT my usual, comfy sleeping position! At first I lost the pillow a lot, but kept trying, and now it usually stays in place all night, even when I turn. I've taken to using a regular bed pillow, that seems to work the best since it keeps my legs positioned from mid-thigh to foot. I definitely a huge difference if for some reason I don't have that pillow.