• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Harry Bottem: Deathly Bowels

Actually my name is William, not Harry Bottem; and I am not a big harry potter fan. I was diagnosed with Crohn's at age 14 and managed to keep it calm for a long time now. Medications I have used are Imuran, a certain cortisone for a short while, and one other certain medication called pantazol, which ended up getting replaced with Nexium.
Due to many bad side effects of the Nexium, we stopped that and now I am just taking Imuran by itself.

I believe I am living in another flare up, and things have gotten a bit... bloody. That leaves me with another question I need to ask before I continue my story (sorry I am not staying to topic... but)
I am bleeding and I am sure its from right inside the exit. I went to the hospital for this, they said its a small scratch that will close by itself, but it did only for a while... at least it was not as bloody as the last time, and now I have to check the paper every time I wipe. And recently it started up again, however something like a black booger comes out (always with blood) and I am scared to think some of my insides are rotting and peeling away. Either way I am checking with the doctor on my next appointment 2 weeks from now on August 6 . Anyone know what thats about???

(this is so embarassing for me and it has left me with anxiety problems and now I think i have cancer and there is no way I can live...etc other anxiety issues)

Back to topic... (I am guessing you said tl; dr. thank you if you keep going)

I can remember exactly when and what I blame for my crohn's. it was a plant/vegetable/herb. They looked like lentil sprouts, however without the lentil and they were green, not white. (they are just as short as them too).
I was fed that in my grandmother's house (I remember eating this before, so I knew it was okay and that it was fresh). the next day at 4:00am I wake up feeling sick and with a high fever. I drink bottled water and throw up the clean water. after that I had lose motion every single day for 9 months until I got diagnosed. I knew it became a big problem when I was losing weight a lot (from 0.1kg to 0.3kg a week no matter how much a stuffed myself).

Even with all this, I still get tension, stress, anxiety...etc and the only thing that makes me feel really sick is the anxiety, but thats a tough thing to deal with. You cant make it go away so easily and it can make itself worse, and if you do not suffer the kind of deep-fear anxiety that I have every day for the past month and a half now, then let me inform you. Crohn's is a lot easier to deal with. But you should remember, its not the bulk of the problem. Our diseases are special and they are the top priority we should fix in ourselves.

(feel free to chat with me by replying to this, and if you know anything about that certain problem I have now... I need you to be as embarrassed as I am and speak. or else you leave me worried and you leave yourself isolated. youre not alone :smile: )

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi William and welcome. Sorry to hear you're dealing with this.

Glad you have an appointment in a couple weeks. Sending you my support.