Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » First Remicade treatment. Here is hoping!

07-30-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
Cat1653

My Support Groups:
First Remicade treatment. Here is hoping!

Did my first treatment with Remicade. A little tired and have a minor sore throat. Is that normal. I can't wait to feel better. I haven't been to the gym since December. Not that it is a good excuse but would like to feel better.
07-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #2
Patricia56

Many people have a quick response to remicade. My son's first treatment took about 3 days for obvious improvement. But other people don't see improvement until after the first 3 loading doses.

I think it's normal to feel tired - especially if they premedicated you with benadryl which is standard practice. The sore throat - my son hasn't ever had that. Maybe the clinic air was dryer than you are used to or you are a little dehydrated?

Hope you feel fabulous soon.

Nothing I say here should be construed as medical advice. I am not a doctor. These are just my opinions.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » First Remicade treatment. Here is hoping!