Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Eek - rash from Humira?

08-10-2014, 01:40 AM   #1
spacedog666

My Support Groups:
Eek - rash from Humira?

Hi everyone,

I started on Humira seven weeks ago and I'm wondering if anyone else has developed strange rashes since taking it.

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a pink patch on my left eyelid - it's now spread across the whole eyelid and I've got a small patch beginning on my left. It stings sometimes but is more irritating to my vanity than anything else at this stage.

Asked my pharmacist and she said probably allergies but I'm not convinced she knows very much about Humira. I don't normally get skin allergies (hayfever is another story) and I haven't changed any of the products I use on my face. I haven't tried any creams on it yet to calm it down but will get something in the next couple of days as I'm starting to get scared by my reflection. The pink-eyed lady look is not a good one.

Has anyone else developed skin issues while on Humira? Any advice?

Hope it's a good day where you are.
08-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #2
Patricia56

My advice is to call your doctor immediately and do not use Humira again until you have spoken with him.

If the rash spreads significantly, you develop any that look like targets with a bulls eye center, you start running a fever I strongly suggest you go to ER.

A rash that looks like targets with a bulls eye center absolutely merits a trip to ER. This could be SJS a potentially deadly infection.

Nothing I say here should be construed as medical advice. I am not a doctor. These are just my opinions.
08-11-2014, 01:00 AM   #3
spacedog666

My Support Groups:
Thanks Patricia - appreciate the advice. I'm not due for my next shot til Sat and have put in a call.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Eek - rash from Humira?