• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stelara and Hello!

Hi! I am new to this group and also only have a phone to post in right now so not sure if I'm posting in the right places! Was going to post a but about myself and I'm also interested in finding people in stelara and people who have crohns and ms like I do! I've had crohns for about30 years was undiagoded for the first six then my vowel ruptured when I was 20 and was rushed into surgery and dx with crohns. Only meds were salofalk and occasional prednisone. Been having a very hard time the last few years bowel almost ruptured again and I've been searching for a new med but because I was dx with ms in 2012 remicade and humira are out. I considered tysabri but I am JCV positive so finally a decision has been made by myself my GI and my neauro to go on stelara I should have first appointment any day now! Excited to give it a try as I am taking prednisone right now just to survive without a rupture. Any and all comments and advice is appreciated! I am a 43 year old wife and mother of two girls who are 15 and 10. Thanks everyone for being patient while I bavifate this site!

Hi chocolatechick,
I'm also 43 with 2 kids :) Sorry for all you're going through...you can come to the right place for support! I haven't heard of stelara but remicade and humira didn't work for me. I'm currently only on herbal supplements but doubt they are making any difference.
Sending a big virtual hug to you :ghug:

Hi Mrs W! How old are your kids? And wow remicade and humira didn't work? Maybe yiu should research stelara? From what I've read that seems to be where people are turning when those don't work. I also tried the natural approach as well saw a naturopath for 9 months and feel like it helped my ms a lot but unfortunate didn't do a thing for crohns