• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My boyfriend has Crohn's...and I love him so much!

My boyfriend and I have been dating for nearly two years, and we are getting very serious. He has such a big heart and love for people, and it hurts to see him in so much pain. For a month this summer, he has had awful stomach pain and cramps. His mother has Crohn's disease, so we feared the worst.

He had a colonoscopy yesterday morning, and they confirmed he has Crohn's. He has started medication right away.

I love him so much, he is so strong and I want to be there for him! Unfortunately, we are both out of state so it's so hard not to be there for him right now during this time. Good news is that we will be returning to college next week, and we will be able to to work through this together.

Words cannot express what an amazing person he is and how much I want to be with him for the rest of my life, Crohn's or not. He constantly tells me how "broken" he is but I keep reminding him that in my eyes, he is complete. I know this is going to be tough, and I know this is going to change our world. I am someone who struggles with anxiety...I have many fears and concerns. But I pray and hope that this is in God's hands, and we will be able to work together through this! I can't imagine spending my life with someone else; he is worth it!

I t is very good that He has somebody like you by his side. I am pretty sure that with your support and the right medicine he will achieve remission soon. You will find a lot of information and support in this forum. Sending hugs your way.

I find that when my husband just walks up to me and gives me a great big HUG for no reason, it helps me feel better and know he is thinking about me (not the kind of hug that more is wanted). He doesn't say anything just the HUG.

Good luck to the two of you - sounds like your relationship is already very strong!! :kiss:

You give me hope. Since I was dx'ed I thought no one would want to be with me, your love is amazing and inspiring!
Sorry to hear that. i truly believe that anyone who struggles with a chronic illness, or any medical complications at all, deserves to have someone who will support them and love them. I am positive you will find someone out there who will! I know I don't have Crohn's, but I did find someone who was able to support me through my anxiety and panic attacks. Don't know how "religious" you are, but I say pray about it, pray a lot! That's how my man and I eventually walked into each other :)

My husband says that on the darkest and worst days, having me there is all he needs. That's enough to make me want to be a better person and I'm always there to give him that little hug that Ali29 mentioned. The "I love you and we can do this together" kind of hug.

I'm new to the forum and "new" to Crohn's in the sense he's only been diagnosed this year, but I think you're coming from a great place to help him. I'm not religious but my Dad is and he really believes in the power of prayer, so if it works for you, keep at it :)

You give me hope. Since I was dx'ed I thought no one would want to be with me, your love is amazing and inspiring!
I can't speak for the people you're going to meet in the future, but certainly for me, my husband's diagnosis has only made me love him more and want to be the best I can be for him. We've been together 9 years, married just over one. We've been joking that it was the wedding that caused the flareup! :rof: