• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Unexplained fevers with no other symptoms

I Have been on Remicade for about four years. Monday I had my infusion they doubled my dose to 800mg because my body has became somewhat immune to it. I have felt pretty good crohns wise but yesterday out of the blue I got a 101 fever it lasted all day and broke during the night and hasn't came back. Last time I had a fever it was due to a perianal abscess that I had to have cut and drained. There is no sign of an abscess and I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Last edited:

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
It could be a sign that your body was reacting to the Remicade....I would keep an eye on things especially after your next infusion - if it occurs again I would definitely contact the GI office - probably wouldn't hurt to let them know about this episode too so it is documented and not forgotten.

nogutsnoglory

I agree with Paso, likely a reaction to the remicade because if you had an infection or abscess it wouldn't go away and possibly get worse along with other symptoms.

Might just be your body revolting but good to let them know before your next infusion.