• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colonoscopy Results

Colonoscopy performed but did not get to visit with the doctor. All the discharge paper says:

*Nodularity, erythemma, and ulceration in the terminal ileum (biopsy).
* Otherwise normal colonoscopy
* Normal Mucosa in the whole colon

Everything I read shows Crohns.

32 yo male.

Last edited:
Have you received the results from the biopsy of your terminal ilieum or any other biopsies taken? These may be helpful in determining a diagnosis. I know I had trouble waiting for results of biopsies, as they took weeks to receive, but they were really helpful in determining what was really going on beyond the small list of results written on my colonoscopy results/after care instructions that made little to no sense.

Not yet. Colos was done yesterday and doctor called today to give me the verbal results of the Colos since I didn't talk yesterday. Said there was inflammation and that it could be non specific or possibly crohns. Said would see what biopsy days and possibly run some blood tests to rule out or verify crohns. Said could be a number of issues and would have to wait for biopsy results. Said "it's not a cause for concern". Really. I mean really?!!! I even worried about cancer and you're telling me no cause for concern but let's see what a biopsy says. Rahhh!! Ha

Have follow up on 8/29.

Catherine

In your case the dr can't tell just by looking a inflammation if it is Crohn's. Also he saying there is nothing about what he can see is a major concern to the dr.

Of course your are concerned you have inflammation. You need to wait for the results of biopsy. When will the results be in?

Last edited:
Hopefully the biopsy results will be in a few days and you can go from there. A lot went through my head while waiting for results and I know that it can be a hard process to wait. My support is sent your way.