• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How do you keep off the weight gain?

Due to go on Humira

How do you keep off the weight gain ? I know a few pounds to put o is only normal as your body is absorbing again but I've heard people who cant shift it even with strict diet and exercise due to the way it just stores in the body , women more at risk then men . I was a size 12-14 ten years ago , scared to go back up to that because i would lose my current job , although ten years ago my diet and exercise was pretty poor and non exsistant

I was thin as a child untill about 12 and then stable till i was 16 then ballooned up to a 12-14 and got even bigger between the ages of 18-20 size 14 12 stone and then was a 12 . I've been a 8-10 for the past 2 years (9 stone) and was usually a 12 (10 stone) a very steady before that. I'm 5 '7" Hold a lot of fat on my tummy even when slimmer

I didn't see anywhere it was associated with weight gain. Are you attributing the weight gain to the remission? Yes, when I went from pooping out all I ate to keeping it in, I have gained weight. I will work on the weight now, but for me, it is a fine trade off.