• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Domino effect of hypomagnesemia on the innate immunity of Crohn's disease patients.

I think this is an important reminder that us Crohn's patients should seek out better forms of magnesium, NOT settling for mg oxide or mg citrate, or trying mg (sulfate) oil topically/transdermally.

See here for discussion on other forms like mg taurate, malate, l-threonate, glycinate, etc.. These forms offer much better tolerance while the cheaper forms cause gut upset and are not well absorbed by the body.

http://www.drnibber.com/understanding-different-types-of-magnesium/

Lady Organic

Staff member
thanks again for sharing this.
I've started taking magnesium supplements since a little while now. accoding to some, magnesium would be as important as calcium, if not more.
thx also mnsun, I take magnesium Glycinate and i also drink a mineral water really rich in calcium and magnesium. its called Gerolsteiner and its imported form Germany.

I did not save the discussion I read concerning Magnesium, but it was implied that taking too little was almost worse than not taking any at all. Something about what the body does in response to a smallish amount.

If somebody runs across this, please notify me. I need to read up on it more.

Dan.