Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Did I leave it out too long?

08-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
lilbit

My Support Groups:
Did I leave it out too long?

So I accidentally forgot about my humira pen for maybe two hours. I panicked and took the shot anyway. I can't call the humira support because they are closed. I'm worried my shot will be ineffective. Anyone else encountered this problem?
08-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
If it was inside and the temperature was normal I wouldn't worry. Tests show it can be out longer at room temp and be ok.
08-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #3
lilbit

My Support Groups:
You're right. I actually did get a call from a nurse and was advised to always call first to be sure, but that it was fine to inject.
08-25-2014, 08:41 PM   #4
Nancye50

My Support Groups:
Wow, I had no idea it was that sensitive!
09-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #5
EvieBaby

My Support Groups:
My fridge broke once and I didn't know for almost a day because it was still quite cold for a while. I had 4 pens of humira in there and I panicked. I called the people who send it to me and they said it can be used if its been at room temperature for 24 hours but no longer. It's not ideal but you can still use it. Anything outside of that time should not be used.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Did I leave it out too long?