• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Incomplete colonoscopy..

Hi everyone,

I have just posted my story below its very long and I dont blame you if you get bored reading it!

To cut a long story short I had a colonoscopy yesterday but the consultant couldnt complete it. He said there were too many twists so he had to stop. Is this normal?? what he did see was normal but he took biopsies to be sure.

I have a lot of chrons symptoms but no diagnosis.

Any help would be appreaciated so much.

xx

Hi Clover,

When I had my colonoscopy, I was in terrible pain and they stopped the procedure half way through. Luckily though, they managed to see the ulcerations and get enough tissue to perform a biopsy to diagnose me with Crohn's.

It took a few weeks for the diagnosis to come through, but once it did they started me on medication straight away. Plus since my symptoms haven't fully gone into remission, they are lining me up for an MRI scan for a closer look at the ileum.