• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the forum - Hi everybody

Hello everybody.

I rarely join forums, but I've found yours to be really helpful while doing research. I thought it would be a good idea to join and learn.

I'm yet to be diagnosed, but I have positive biopsy findings in the Ileum/colon region. I've found myself on a deadly struggle with this horrendous thing for a long period of time, and I'm hoping to start calling it by its name pretty soon. This sure is a painful journey, and I'm convinced that helping each other helps us improve our quality of life in several ways.

It will probably take me some time to get used to the forum and know you guys, but I will, eventually.

:tongue:

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

I'm sorry you find yourself in this position. Vent, ask questions, whatever you need to do. Sending you my support.

Thank you! That was quick lol. :smile:

I must confess I'm not the kind of person who likes to vent out. Not because I think it's wrong, but I know we are all suffering from this, one way or another, and it makes me feel like I'm loading my problems on somebody else's shoulders.

I think I should get to learn more about how others experience IBD and ask questions before I assume I know anything about this disease :smile:

I would like to ask a few questions regarding my biopsy results though. That would go in the 'tests for IBD' subforum, right?

DJW

Forum Monitor
We all get frustrated at times. I find the people here understand like nobody else can.

We all get frustrated at times. I find the people here understand like nobody else can.
Exactly. That's the whole point of it. No 'It's all in your head' or 'maybe you should go for walks and breathe some fresh air' BS. :emot-cop:

Thanks again.

Last edited:

DJW

Forum Monitor
I've had a quick look at my IBD book library but don't have anything on pathology. Sorry I can't be any help. Post in the other section, hopefullysomeone who can help will be along soon .

Hi Everyone

I am also new to this forum and like Hellpatrol rarely post to forums but I am in need of a lifeline. I live in New Zealand and have found it difficult to get support with IBD and feel rather lost. I do not have Crohns, my daughter Caitlin who is 11 years ,has just been diagnosed in May this year after 7 months of continual diarrhea. So I have been living and breathing Crohn's since her diagnosis, trying to find out everything I can. BUT there is so much information out there.....

So it is on this forum that i hope to find out more from others who are going through the same day to day challenges of living with this disease : )

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

I'm sorry to hear your daughter has crohns. I to was diagnosed young.
We have a great group of knowledgable parents on this forum.

I'm unable to move your post to it's own thread but if you report to the parent subforum I'm sure you'll get moe responses.
Sending you and your daughter my support.

DJW

Forum Monitor
thankyou DJW. It is much appreciated and I will post to the parents subforum. If I can work it out .... sorry all new to this
OH MY GOSH, Ijust reread my post. Darn auto correct. It should read repost NOT report. :ybatty:

lol.

Oh, how could you make such mistake? why?
Taking precious time to welcome strangers with tears in their eyes to the forum and making them feel comfortable as soon as they join just won't make up for 'auto-corrected grammar' (?). :tongue:

:smile: