Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Eyes » Dry eyes - need more info on Vit A defiency

09-02-2014, 03:30 AM   #1
gotumtum

My Support Groups:
Dry eyes - need more info on Vit A defiency

Hey everyone - I am undiagnosed and have had eye pain.

I went to the optometrist today and was diagnosed with dry eyes. (both eyes)
She said I had a problem with both not enough tears and them draining too fast.
She has given me some drops, and said there are other drop options and that we can try Omega3 too. Also that I need to try and drink more water, as I might not be absorbing all I need.

I thought I was imagining the pain - so it is nice not to be imagining that - it might be part of the migraine thing I have going on at the mo - though she did mention the phrase 'eye chafing' which I winced at!!

I see on here that it can be related to Crohns ( though not necessarily) and also possibly vit A deficency. I was wondering if anyone knows more abut the vit A aspect of this, and if they ended up resolving it, or improving at least? I realise that vit A can be toxic, - is it relatively easy to test for?

Any info would be appreciated.
09-04-2014, 05:25 PM   #2
Catherine

My Support Groups:
it blood test. I think easy test to have done. My youngest had it order due to night blindness.
Small bowel to small bowel fistula

Meds: ), azathioprine 200mg, Mesalazine 1.2g x 2, seretide 250 x 2 (asthma), ventolin (as needed)

Currently no supplements.

Has previously taken Multi B, Caltrate, B12 & Iron

Prednisolone (from 30 mg 01/02/2012 to 17/06/2012, 30mg 24/10/12-28/12/12, 50mg 24/1/13-27/4/13)

Crohn's Disease Forum » Extra Intestinal Manifestations » Eyes » Dry eyes - need more info on Vit A defiency