• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

The Little Farm Girl and onto Remicade

Interesting about the hot flashes. M gets them too!....I've always put it down to her ovarian failure but maybe its her crohns.

H was like that when she was flaring. I thought at the time that it was due to her iron levels being low. She had to wear a sweater in the heat.

Is Grace anemic?
Yes the rheumatologist said she was a touch anemic but didn't say to do anything about it.:shifty-t:

Can bring slightly anemic go away on its own?

Yes the rheumatologist said she was a touch anemic but didn't say to do anything about it.:shifty-t:

Can bring slightly anemic go away on its own?
I would want to address it just to keep it from getting worse. Maybe you could call and ask if you should supplement just to put her up well into the range?

Farmwife,
Not to worry you--but I developed ischemia in my eyes which caused small blind spots called 'cotton wool spots' from being just slightly anemic when I was really ill and on the EEN. Once I was on weekly iron shots they went away. Some people are not very symptomatic until they are really anemic; others have symptoms at the low levels of normal. I also was very fatigued, chilled, light-headed, irritable and had problems with my memory and difficulty with math skills.

Happy that is a really good point. I know people severely affected by slight anemia and others walking around fine with severe anemia. FW sounds like you need to address it with the doctor.

Still waiting to hear what the insurance says about the Remicade test.

Ok, some labs have me wondering what it means.

Her Vitamin D was flagged but never gave a normal range. It was 23ng /ml.
What should a 6 year old be at?

Ferritin is still trending down at 15 ng /ml.............range is 12-234
IBC saturation: 23% ................................................range is 15-50
Iron 71ugh/dl ..........................................................range is 39-167
Iron binding cap: 302ug/dl ......................................range is 225-405

HBG :11.7g/dl ............................................................ range is 10.0-15.5

Could anemia cause only her ferritin to dip and not the rest of the iron study?

I'll be contacting the doc tomorrow. :hug: Hopefully they'll know if the test went thru.
This was the labs. Doesn't look to bad but her numbers are trending down. :yfaint:

Thanks Happy, Grace gets eye check ups every 4 months.

I think this all had to do her poor little body being attacked.
Now she has a yeast infection.:yfaint:

I guess that is why he really wasn't worried yet because they are still normal range. I guess he wants to wait and see. What are you doing for the yeast?

Catherine

Farmwife

The labs are not showing iron deficiency anemia. For it to be classed as anemia the haemoglobin would need to be out of range.

It is heading forward iron deficiency without anemia.

What is the IBC saturation number doing?

Are all the iron number trending down?

Maya142

Staff member
We have done the wait and see a lot for anemia. Hang in there!

M also is always freezing. She has Raynaud's but it's not just her hands and feet that are cold. She has been like this for years. We use heating pads a lot for her joints and they help to warm her up!

I don't have the numbers with me Catherine.
I have to ask for the iron to be checked each time and there was 6 months in between. In a month and a half I might ask for it to be checked again. Right now I'm not sure if the is causing her cold feeling..... more than likely it's her JIA.