Share Facebook

09-03-2014, 07:56 AM   #1
ChicagoMom

C Diff

So, my daughter was diagnosed with C Diff on Saturday. Ugh. She's been on Flagyl since then, but is still not feeling great. She's still having diarrhea and her stomach hurts. She barely has any appetite and just feels crummy. She's on her 2nd day home from school as well (boy am I glad we got the 504 in place already). I've bleached the heck out of my house, washing things constantly, etc. Anyway, I guess I'm just looking for any words of experience, how long will this go on, how long until symptoms subside, etc. I'm in close contact with her doctor, so that's all under control. I'm just wondering how other Crohn's kids have done with C Diff.

Currently taking:
Remicade 10mg/kg
Methotrexate 15mg/week
NG-tube at night

Past meds:
6-mp--discontinued 9/14 because it caused bone marrow suppression
Prednisone--5/14-11/14
09-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #2
SupportiveMom
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
2 days normally doesn't clear things up enough. D has had c-diff 2x now and symptoms calm down about day 5. If you don't see things calm by day 7 see the doc again.

We isolate her bathroom trips to 1 bathroom in the house no one else is to use. I lysol it every day & just wait for it to pass. Not a whole lot else you can do. Hope she feels better soon!

Ileostomy surgery July 2015

Current Meds: None!
Previous Meds: Humira, Remicade, Methotrexate, Cipro, Flagyl, Zofran, Cortifoam, 5-ASA suppository, Questran, Mezavant, EEN (Peptamen Jr. 1.5) by NG tube, Antibiotic Cocktail (Vancomycin, Metronidazole & Doxycycline), Simponi, Prevacid, Imuran, prednisone
ibdsupportivmom.wordpress.com ☆
09-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
ChicagoMom

Yeah, she's on day 5 of the meds, so hopefully she'll start pulling out of it today. We've isolated her to 1 bathroom as well. I'm supposed to check in with the doctor tomorrow and I sure hope I'll have improving news to share with him. Thanks!
09-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
Maya142
Forum Monitor

Also took about 5-6 days for M. Cdiff is the worst! M lost 5 pounds because she didn't feel well enough to eat. Make sure she's drinking a lot, my daughter got dehydrated and dizzy very quickly.
I hope your daughter feels better soon!
Juvenile Ankylosing Spondylitis at 16

Mom of S (23)
dx with JIA at 14
Ankylosing Spondylitis at 18