• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Son's Poem

This just killed me...

My 13 year old just started his new year in middle school last week and was given a "get to know you" assignment from his English teacher.

Write a 5 word poem or descriptive sentence to describe something they are currently experiencing or going through. Here was my son's descriptive sentence:

Fighting what is inside me.

:(

Last edited:
Our kids need a cure! My 5 word sentence. Give your son a hug from me :) His sentence makes me sad and proud. Kids with this disease are so tough and intellectual and mature beyond their years.

Well, that made me cry. But I do think it's great your son is expressing his feelings.

I must add that it makes me angry that out kids have to deal with IBD. They should be writing about football, parties and other fun stuff. I agree, we need a cure.

If I remember correctly you are newly diagnosed. We were diagnosed last spring and my son wrote about his feelings about Crohn's almost exclusively. I think it was very therapeutic for him as his processed and grieved. His english teacher learned a lot about crohns.This fall I'm seeing a whole different outlook as he writes. And for the first time ever, he is thinking good things about the future and making plans.