Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Resveratrol, Curcumin and Simvastatin in Acute Small Intestinal Inflammation

09-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
Crohn2357

My Support Groups:
Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Resveratrol, Curcumin and Simvastatin in Acute Small Intestinal Inflammation

Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Resveratrol, Curcumin and Simvastatin in Acute Small Intestinal Inflammation
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%...l.pone.0015099
09-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #2
mnsun

If these doses, 20mg (Resveratrol), 100mg (Curcumin), 20mg (Simvastatin drug--personally objectionable), are similarly medicinal per kg of body weight for humans, this equates to around a 1.4 gram dose of the Resveratrol and Simvastatin and 7 gram dose of Curcumin per day for a 155 lbs person. Maybe best taken in enteric coated caps on empty stomach?

The study stresses the effects of Resveratrol alone, and that's the takeaway for me personally. I don't think statins' supposed benefits outweigh the negatives.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Resveratrol, Curcumin and Simvastatin in Acute Small Intestinal Inflammation