• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

28 years with Crohn's

I was 19 when I was diagnosed with Crohn's. I had always had constipation, but what got me to go to the doctor was an anal fissure. This fissure was so painful that I could not sit down or stand up without any pain. The doctor diagnosed me with Crohn's after doing my first of many colonoscopies. Over the years I have had my share of fistulae with the scar tissue that is associated with it once the fistula heal. I have peri-anal disease because of Crohns, and on September 8, 2014 I had my 4th balloon dilation of my anal canal because of scar tissue. My canal narrows to a point that the stool passes thru an opening about the size of a straw or even smaller.

Thank you for allowing me to tell my story.

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome to the community.

Wow, that sounds really rough! My heart goes out to you.

What medication are you currently on?

All my best to you.

Hi David,
The medications I am currently on are Lialda which replaces Asacol which is no longer made, and I am on 6-Mercaptopurine or the technical name is Pureinthol.

dave13

Forum Monitor
Welcome Moishepipik,

Do you have setons due to the fistulas? Do you see a colorectal surgeon for your fistulas or a GP? I was misdiagnosed for years by a GP,thought my multiple fistula were very bad hemorrhoids.I was trusting and naive.

I am currently on Remicade. You are not currently on it,but has your Dr. talked about it with you? Good luck!