Share Facebook

09-15-2014, 10:14 PM   #1
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Update

I saw a rheumatologist today for the first time, over all, I thought it was a very productive appointment. I am being taken off Humira and put on Remicade (for a few different reasons). I should be starting that in few weeks. I was put on a steroid -like med (I will have to get back to you on the name) to bring down the inflammation in my joints and ribs. Some time in the next month I am going to be going on a HCG weightloss program that the rheumy offers. They did a bunch of blood work to figure out the best plan of action and to test for different deficiencies that I may not aware of. If everything goes as planned, I'm looking at finally having this survey in December/January.
Right now, my emotions and mental state are pretty unstable. I feel so lost and helpless all the time. I'm just trying to keep my chin up. I have all of the tools I need, now I just need to put it all to work and then maybe I can stay to turn my life around. I don't want to fight this anymore, I'm so worn down. I need everything to get better
Ankilosing Spondylitis
Inflammatory Arthritis

Failed meds:
Humira
Remicade
Asacol HD
Cimzia
Methotrexate
09-15-2014, 10:30 PM   #2
rrhood1

My Support Groups:
Humira didn't work for me and when they put me on Remicade it was my miracle drug. The only thing it didn't quite get rid of was some of my joint pain. So my Rheumatologist put me on Sulfasalazine with the Remicade and for the first time in years I felt normal! I hope this works that well for you.

Dx: Crohns - 2010
Dx: Severe cervical spondylosis/foraminal stenosis, ruptured discs
Dx: Severe lumbar ruptured discs
Dx: thyroid cancer - 2 surgeries - done with
Rx: Remicade, Methotrexate, Lyrica, Butrans patch
Vitamin D, C, B, calcium
09-15-2014, 11:28 PM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
That is great news, rhood.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
09-16-2014, 02:32 AM   #4
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Glad to hear that you've finally got a plan of action. Hopefully all will work out for you this time. Lots of hugs and hope being sent your way.

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday or Mesalamine DR 1.2gm 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday, Tylenol 3 with codeine 300-30mg (when needed)

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350