• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help!

:sign0085:HI! I was diagnosed with severe Crohn's 3 years ago my life is a living hell! I had a resection that didn't help. Had a reaction to Remicade. Every thing I've tired hasn't worked.Now I'm on Humira and thats not working.My story is very long but I'm at the point now i can hardly walk on hold on to anything,had colonoscopy last week and cat scan had a reaction to the cat scan dye. now going to get the camera test again. But my biggest problem now is i can't eat it is so painful i break out into a sweat and throw up! Am considering some kind of feeding tube! Anyone have any advice?

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

Are you currently keeping a food and symptom journal. I'm afraid I don't have much advice, I know how difficult life with this disease can be.

Sending you my support.

Lady Organic

Staff member
ask your doctor about elemental liquid diet and inform yourself on the subject here in the forum. ive already posted a thread with the latest scientific reviews on the subject. You can try it in drinking way, not only feeding tube. Its a nutrional powder you mix in water and its intended for impared GI tracks, often used in CD.
best to you.

my little penguin

Staff member
Yeah that ^^^
Elemental formula or semi elemental formula can be orally or through a tube.
It can give you the nutrients your body needs without making your body work hard or have a lot of healthy intestine to absorb it.
It can also help with inflammation similar to steriods in some cases when used as sole nutrition.
DS drank EEN ( peptamen jr no food ) for 9 weeks instead of pred.
It reduced his inflammtory markers .
Good luck

My Dr. just gave me diludid excuse my spelling! I DO NOT WANT TO BE ON PAIN MEDS. but i don't know what else to do at this point......my joints are so bad i can't walk half the time. is anyone else going through this?

Lady Organic

Staff member
I have recently tried curcuminoid extract (from tumeric root) It helped me a lot for arthritis morning stiffness. Something you can try. sold in health food store under different brands. Elemental diet could help you for both CD and arthritis. call your IBD nurse or GI and discuss those 2 products with them,
good luck.