Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » The things I have to go through to be me

09-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #1
afidz
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
The things I have to go through to be me

This afternoon, I decided to cook a frozen pizza, it tasted like crap, but anyways. That's not the point of this post.Just a reminder, i don't have any feeling in my abdomen. Later on, I happened to look down at my abdomen when I was changing my cloths and saw a huge welt. I burnt the crap out of my abdomen and had no idea. Does anyone realize how scary that is? What if I used the burner instead of the oven? I could of caught on fire and not realized until severe damage had been done. I'm terrified to cook ever again. Luckily the burn I have now isn't bad, about 2 inches wide. But my stomach is literally right under that part of my skin. I could of really hurt myself!
Ankilosing Spondylitis
Inflammatory Arthritis

Failed meds:
Humira
Remicade
Asacol HD
Cimzia
Methotrexate
09-16-2014, 10:58 PM   #2
Catherine

My Support Groups:
That must have been scary.

Can you get some sort of protective apron for cooking?
Small bowel to small bowel fistula

Meds: ), azathioprine 200mg, Mesalazine 1.2g x 2, seretide 250 x 2 (asthma), ventolin (as needed)

Currently no supplements.

Has previously taken Multi B, Caltrate, B12 & Iron

Prednisolone (from 30 mg 01/02/2012 to 17/06/2012, 30mg 24/10/12-28/12/12, 50mg 24/1/13-27/4/13)
09-16-2014, 11:50 PM   #3
FrozenGirl

Aww that really sucks. Not nearly to the same extent as you but one day I woke up and noticed a scar about 1.5 inches long right over my spine mid back. I had no clue how it got there and days later I figured out it was likely from my electric blanket. I felt absolutely nothing, scary knowing I burned myself without even feeling it. I feel for you it is really scary.
Vitamin D 1000iu
Calcium
Tecta 40mg
Remicade: 600mg, every 4 weeks
Methotrexate: 15 mg (injection)

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » The things I have to go through to be me