• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Chronic Sinusitis caused by Pred or Crohns?

Since my crohns became active in 2012 I've had alot of problems. But last year I was on pred for a crazy 9 months. After stopping in November I had sinusitis at least every 2weeks for the whole winter. One infection would clear, another would start etc.. Has anybody else experience this? Is it because of the pred or disease? Right now I get rhinitis,sinusitis all the time. I take Nazonex spray which unblocks my sinuses and saline spray to help irritation in my nose.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I was diagnosed with a sinus infection last year 2013 and treated for it. But, it didn't fully go away either. I still have the jaw popping and some of the other symptoms too. It's been mentioned that I go to a specialty doctor for this...