Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Visable sign of improvement

09-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Visable sign of improvement

Its been a little over a week since my first Remicade infusion. I'm improving.

As some of you know I've been dealing with ulcers under the wafer of my ileostomy (2 years). Today I changed the appliance and found the ulcers are drying up and closing over. If I can get the pics off my old phone I'll post before and after pictures.

Visit Crohn's and Colitis Canada:
http://www.crohnsandcolitis.ca/site/...tis_Canada.htm

Living in Ontario with no drug benefits?

Trillium Drug Program:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/publi..._trillium.aspx

Dave
09-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #2
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Great news! It would be very cool to see the difference. I know many have used remicade to heal all kinds of skin problems with the ostomy. It sounds like it is usually successful.
09-23-2014, 10:31 PM   #3
Clash
Forum Monitor

That's great! I hope things continue to improve. My son's transformation happened after the first treatment. Now that he has had surgery I hope he can go back to it with better results.
dx March 2012 CD

CURRENT MEDS: MTX injections, Stelara

Dx May 2014: JSpA
8/2014 ileocecectomy
9/2017 G tube

PAST MEDS: remicade, oral mtx, humira
11-01-2014, 05:31 AM   #4
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Great news! It would be very cool to see the difference. I know many have used remicade to heal all kinds of skin problems with the ostomy. It sounds like it is usually successful.
I've just had my third infusion and I've noticed my skin in general is so much better than its ever been .
11-02-2014, 10:25 PM   #5
dgiouz

My Support Groups:
Remicade for me worked after the first infusion, about 3 days later... I went form 7-8 bowls a day to 2-3. less abdominal pain and no blood.
11-03-2014, 12:09 AM   #6
Susan2

My Support Groups:
I've just had my third infusion and I've noticed my skin in general is so much better than its ever been .
That is great news!
Currently on no medications, but under constant gaze of very caring GP, with annual blood and other tests.
11-03-2014, 05:30 AM   #7
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I'm very pleased with the results so far. I'm still hoping for an increase in energy.
11-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #8
dgiouz

My Support Groups:
I'm very pleased with the results so far. I'm still hoping for an increase in energy.
for me, I got an increase in energy after iron infusions. I got 2-3, they really help, considering I was very low in iron during my relapse, that being the reason for my lack of energy, lost a lot of blood through stools.
11-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #9
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
The bizzare thing is I'm not anemic anymore. I'll ask them to check everything at my next appointment this month.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Visable sign of improvement