• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Visable sign of improvement

DJW

Forum Monitor
Its been a little over a week since my first Remicade infusion. I'm improving.

As some of you know I've been dealing with ulcers under the wafer of my ileostomy (2 years). Today I changed the appliance and found the ulcers are drying up and closing over. If I can get the pics off my old phone I'll post before and after pictures.

nogutsnoglory

Great news! It would be very cool to see the difference. I know many have used remicade to heal all kinds of skin problems with the ostomy. It sounds like it is usually successful.

That's great! I hope things continue to improve. My son's transformation happened after the first treatment. Now that he has had surgery I hope he can go back to it with better results.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Great news! It would be very cool to see the difference. I know many have used remicade to heal all kinds of skin problems with the ostomy. It sounds like it is usually successful.
I've just had my third infusion and I've noticed my skin in general is so much better than its ever been .

DJW

Forum Monitor
I'm very pleased with the results so far. I'm still hoping for an increase in energy.

I'm very pleased with the results so far. I'm still hoping for an increase in energy.
for me, I got an increase in energy after iron infusions. I got 2-3, they really help, considering I was very low in iron during my relapse, that being the reason for my lack of energy, lost a lot of blood through stools.

DJW

Forum Monitor
The bizzare thing is I'm not anemic anymore. I'll ask them to check everything at my next appointment this month.