Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Remicade covered for foreigners?

10-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #1
Eduardo

Remicade covered for foreigners?

Hi all,

My name is Eduardo and I'm from Chile and I'm diagnosed with crohn since 2003. After I tried everything (predisone, salofalk, azatioprine) my doctor put me on remicade last year and everything now is perfect, I feel awesome. My insurance company covers 100% of the medication, that a big relief. The thing is that my company has transferred me to California, I must be working there at the end of the month, but I'm really afraid of not being covered by my company's insurance, which is very good.

Do you know if I will be covered? are you aware of any problem related to coverage for people like me (foreigners working in the U.S.)

What should I do once arrive into the U.S.?

What should i bring to the U.S. in order to be covered on remicade, I guess my medical record prepared for mi GI, but I don't know if it'll be accepted in California, I mean, why should the insurance company believe in what a Doctor in Chile writes down in a piece of paper?.

Please help me, I'm really afraid of not being covered in the U.S.?

Thanks in advance.

Eduardo.
10-04-2014, 09:27 PM   #2
Justanothercp

My Support Groups:
Eduardo,
Scary. Seems like you need to contact your insurance company to find out.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Remicade covered for foreigners?