Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Advice needed for permicol collagen treated fistula

10-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #1
Samsam

Advice needed for permicol collagen treated fistula

Hi there,
I'm so glad I found this forum as I needs a bit if guidance. I had a recto vaginal fistula that was misdiagnosed for two years. I eventually had a seton stitch put in last year and then 5 weeks ago my consultant removed it and used permacol collagen paste to fill both ends and stitch up. My consultant advised after four weeks if be ok but I'm really not. I've been back at the hospital and doctors a few times because of bleeding at the site and got an infection. I'm doing my best washing the area making sure it's clean etc... But I'm still in so much pain with it. If anyone else has had the same treatment for the same thing what was your recover time like and is this about normal? My consultant doesn't seem to fazed about the pain/ bleeding and I don't know anyone else with this condition.
Thanks in advance x

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Advice needed for permicol collagen treated fistula