Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Started Humira on Monday!

10-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #1
chuckmya

Started Humira on Monday!

Well I started Humira on Monday with a Humira training nurse! She was awesome and gave me the confidence I needed to get the four injections done! It def wasn't as bad as I thought it would be....made my husband get the training as well in case I chickened out! Lol but I WAS able to do it myself. No side effects so far....hopefully that continues. I will be weaning off Entocort within these next 6 weeks so wish me luck!! Thanks all!!
10-08-2014, 11:19 PM   #2
FrozenGirl

Yay! Congrats. Good job on doing it on your own too. Though it is good your husband got training too. You never know when you have an off day. I hope it puts you into remission.
Vitamin D 1000iu
Calcium
Tecta 40mg
Remicade: 600mg, every 4 weeks
Methotrexate: 15 mg (injection)
10-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #3
*yvonne*

My Support Groups:
Good luck chuckmya I look forward to hearing how you get on as I'm starting it soon too and I'm pretty scared about it all to be honest.

Hope it works well and puts you into remission. Best of luck 😊
10-09-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
chuckmya

Thanks Yvonne....! I didn't find the injections difficult to do.....just praying that I don't get any major side effects! Let me know how you do! When are you starting your injections??:
10-09-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
chuckmya

Thanks Yvonne....! I didn't find the injections difficult to do.....just praying that I don't get any major side effects! Let me know how you do! When are you starting your injections??:
10-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #6
Sef0912

Hooray! Good luck on the Humira. I will start sometime in the next week. I'm a little freaked out, even though I have given myself injections before. I guess it is just a mental block kind of thing. Oh well, let us know how you are doing on Humira.
10-10-2014, 04:46 AM   #7
chuckmya

Keep us posted on how you do as well! Interesting and comforting to know how others are doing that are going thru the same thing!!! Good luck to you!!
11-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #8
*yvonne*

My Support Groups:
I get my delivery in 2 weeks so hopefully I'll be able to get the nurse booked that week too. Glad to hear it's going well I really hope it's good for you.
11-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #9
Liquid Bacon

Congratulations, I hope the Humira works well! 4 injections, eh? When I started Humira, the "loading dose" was only 2!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Started Humira on Monday!