• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

More to life than this surely.....

D

DannyB

more to life than this surely.....

dont know if you guys can relate to this or not but do you ever ask yourself who you really are? because I do a job that isn't me, I live in my house in a village I never wanted to live in and i'm 25 year old this year and in my life I would have to say that I haven't acheived anything worth shouting about. Surely there has to be more to life than this boring crap, I mean for god sake I choose to work on my day off because there is nothing else I want to do, thats really sad, really sad and im gettin a bit sick of this.

Life...... whats it all about. I have a heart and I want to love someone and be loved and share happy times with them but being alone is really, really hard and I just don't manage it all that well, infact I really hate it! I would rather be in my bed with crohns for months with someone than be healthy and alone you know what I mean?

Sorry I just wanted to rant a little bit.

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

Life...... whats it all about. I have a heart and I want to love someone and be loved and share happy times with them but being alone is really, really hard and I just don't manage it all that well, infact I really hate it! I would rather be in my bed with crohns for months with someone than be healthy and alone you know what I mean?
((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) Danny i know how you feel n im 33 with too kids but still very lonely

im sure you will find someone you are still young hope you feel happier soon Dannyb x

B

btcrv

Good to get it off your chest, DannyB. I am having some of the same feelings as you are because I will be turning 30 in a few weeks. I try to justify it by telling myself that I am choosing to surround myself with quality people instead of a lot of garbage people. Hope that helps?

K

Kate

hey danny you and meare the same age and although i am married i do have some very wonderful friends who want to find some one and other who want to have fun..... the only catch is that you would have to visit or live here which isnt bad with your scottish accent you would find someone easily.... i amserious though if you were keen im sure you and my friends would hit it off well

K

Kate

oh and the other thing is that your still young enough to do something that you feel proud of its only you holding yourself back

V

Valentina

aww Danny, sorry your feeling so down.
I used to get those feelings a lot.. I went to school.. forever, and have worked my bum off.. but for what? lol
its hard to feel fulfilled sometimes. I find if I have small goals, or just things to look forward to, it helps me not think so much about what Ive not done with my life.

p.s. your still young.. lots of time to get it all done.

J

Jonny

Mabye you could rent that house out of yours bro and go traveling for a while to diff parts of the world.Culd be the inspiration ya need to make a change in your life.
Mabye for 6 months or sommit plus after you come home your be the hero who has been to diff places..Wrestled with crocodiles, swam with sharks,shared a peace pipe with crazy horse etc?
Your still a young man so chin up

P

plagueius

I have mixed feelings

Being alone can be difficult. This I can agree with. Relationships to me are SCARY. I used to want to find that somone. The person that would accept my shortcomings and weigh them against my strengths. My searches end in pain, deceit, and disapointment. Now I dont date hardly ever. I wont even date someone until i get to know them. Even then its hard to date, cause of Crohns. Alot of people I know don't even know I have it. I hate explaining it. I've adopted a policy of not trusting people and I think that fills the void. Besides I have fall back plan. I write music. So that keeps me going. Lets not forget my son. He pushes me forward everyday. He is a great motivator:D

B

btcrv

Yeah Steve, you're lucky because you have a kid. I envy you because that is a joy that I have never had, though I would very much enjoy it. Glad to see that you cherish what you have.

Danny I would follow Kates advice and go to New Zealand. Go have a night out with the girls. LOL But yeah I know exactly how you feel although I am still very young. I have wanted to do so much with my life. The year before being diagnosed I was planning on buying a road bike. I have always been a speed demon but getting CD kept me from buying my bike. I had a dream of by th time I finished high school I would be in an italian school for cyclists learning the ropes of the peloton. I was also a really good at footy as well and if cycling did not work out I could always fall back on footy. I was being scouted at the tender age of 14 for European teams. I played with professional athletes my whole life and I was so good. Now I am just about to get that road bike of mine and I am just starting to be able to play footy again. Now I am just hoping I can come in as a bench when I go to college. I feel like my life was ruined by Crohn's because I had everything going for me and now it all was ended. And Steve I found that if I let people know about Crohn's they are more willing to put up with me. Otherwise if I cannot go out then they understand. Once one of my friends just came over to chat when I was too sick to go out.

Good luck everyone and prayers to all

M

meowsie

DannyB said:
Surely there has to be more to life than this boring crap, I mean for god sake I choose to work on my day off because there is nothing else I want to do, thats really sad, really sad and im gettin a bit sick of this.

God, do I ever know how you feel. I'm feeling the same way. I want to be with someone, the right someone. I've spent so much time dealing w/ the blasted CD and such that I haven't built any (dating) relationships. Looking forward to finding that person, but a tad impatient w/ the search.

Right there w/ ya, Danny, my man.

D

Donna

Ok gang, even at 38 you still wonder what the heck this life is all about. I am also told you wonder that at 48, 58, 68, and so on. I have come to a point in my life where I like (sort of) where I am...it isn't anything CLOSE to what I wanted it to be...but I am happy. And, in those times when I am not happy, I change something, start something new so that I don't focus on what is bumming me out. Life isn't always all smiles and fun, and it shouldn't be all bummers and frowns either. If I don't like something about my life, I try to change that part, think positive and move ahead. I know, easier said than done, but it doesn't help me to wallow in the sad parts-I have a lot of them.

As for the relationship thing. Yes, being with someone is wonderful. Especially if that someone is your best friend. But there isn't always smiles and happy parts in that either. Like they say, the grass is always greener on the other side. I finally am in a relationship that works well for me. He is seldom home since he is a truck driver, and I get that independance I need, yet have the benefits (if ya know what I mean- wink wink) of marriage. You never know when that right person for you will come along. It usually happens when you aren't really looking for it, so just hang in there, and always remember, you have us!!!!! (Even if all we can send is long distance hugs!)

Hang in there to anyone who feels alone. You aren't. You have me!!!! lol

~~BIG HUGS!~~

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Danny,

we all (young and old) get frustrated at different parts of our lives. But you need to realize that 25 is still so young, and you can still so much with your time. Think about what makes you truly happy. I do not mean things like having a million dollars or being in charge of everyone, but little things or activities you enjoy. Do you like walking? Listening to music? Lying outside? Think of some things that make you happy, and then ensure that you have time to do some of them always throughout the day. During a break take a walk outside if that will make you happy. Phone someone who you have not spoken to in a long time one day to catch up with them. Do whatever will make you happy.

The real question is not what is the meaning of life... it is what can I do to give my life meaniing?! Think about this seriously and whatever you come up with, work towards that. This can be your long-term goal, and you can then make some short-term goals to ensure you reach it.

Keep your chin up buddy. That is the only way you can see the sun break through the clouds :).

E

ElaineH

Hey Danny I know where you're coming from. I think a lot of people do.. I felt like that at your age.. and decided to go abroad for a while, spent 3 years in Corfu, and yeah it was lovely there, met some great people.. but then got my heart broken and came home again..

It seems that no matter what you do, where you go, it all feels kinda empty and pointless without that special person by your side to share it all with. I'm lucky in that I have two gorgeous children, and I have lots of wonderful friends who pull me through the dark times..but I still get that empty feeling at night when I'm lying alone.. a voice on the end of the phone can't compensate for a cuddle.

But I agree with everyone else.. you are still young enough to get out there and find someone special who deserves you, and who will take the rough with the smooth, accept your flaws (cos we all have them! Me more than most lol!) Hope you find that special someone.. but she wont come knocking on your door, get yourself out there and get noticed!

Elaine xxx