Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender » Man sues after waking up from colonoscopy wearing pink panties

10-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #1
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Man sues after waking up from colonoscopy wearing pink panties

Is it wrong that I find this hilarious? A man is suing after losing his job for "emotional distress" by waking up from a colonoscopy in women's underwear.

Whoever did it to him should be fired but it's definitely a pretty funny prank and not a news article I expected to find while searching the latest on GI updates.

Also, "severe distress" causing you to lose a job? Really? It's Halloween buddy! Do you think he has a case?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5998262

Last edited by nogutsnoglory; 10-21-2014 at 07:52 AM.
10-21-2014, 02:18 AM   #2
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
My husband says that if he woke up in women's underwear after a colonoscopy that he must have had really good time and missed it.

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday or Mesalamine DR 1.2gm 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday, Tylenol 3 with codeine 300-30mg (when needed)

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
10-21-2014, 03:40 AM   #3
Jennifer
Adminstrator

My husband had quite the opposite reaction Cross stitch. :P Now he's paranoid about what may have happened to him when he had scopes done.

What that person did is just plain wrong (who's to say that's all they did?). I'd sue too. The link is broken so I'm only responding to the thread title.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel (endometriosis), Tylenol 3 (Osteoarthritis), Zantac 150mg 2/day (acid reflux), Klonopin 1mg (Panic Disorder), Imitrex 25mg (migraines), Zofran 8mg (nausea)
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 19 years and counting.
10-21-2014, 05:28 AM   #4
Kev

My Support Groups:
No, I'd have to side with the patient. Waking up to find himself dressed in something that he didn't put on... you as a patient put your trust in the staff that while under their anesthetic you are safe in their care. Pulling this prank... if that is all it was.. breaks that trust. He should sue, and whoever did this needs to be shown the 'career' door ASAP

Dx'd July, 2006
Meds: Flagyl, Cipro, Pred, AZA.. to no effect
Low Dose Naltrexone Nov 2007 - May 2014
Remicade June 17th, 2014
10-28-2014, 02:03 PM   #5
Shox

I can agree with the man to an extent but I think he may have over reacted. As Kev said, you put a lot of trust into your surgeons and doctors. As well as that, the man may have been stressed from colonoscopy results and the last thing he would've wanted to see is the doctors pranking him. Under normal circumstances I would laugh along with the doctors but when I was in hospital and was pretty depressed I wouldn't have taken it lightly because of my mental state.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender » Man sues after waking up from colonoscopy wearing pink panties